Currently, the Russian market is widely featured products, both domestic and foreign manufacturers of optical couplings for installation of cables. Widely known and used clutch of such manufacturers as: Raychem (Belgium), Reichle & DeMassari (Switzerland), RXS / Simens (Germany), ZM (USA), Fujikura (Japan), Ericsson (Sweden), the Nokia (Finland), AT & T (USA), Pirelli (Italy), Alcatel (Germany).
These companies provide a wide choice of all types of couplings each customer to solve any problem. Along with the delivery of the coupling component manufacturers of the necessary additional accessories such as brackets, housings, additional accessories and consumables items. Deliver them also the necessary equipment and tools, including even the tables of the installation work.
The design of optical couplers
By type of structural elements of the optical coupling may consist of:
- parts for securing the outer shell OK;
- components to provide electrical continuity and mechanical strength of the power components design OK;
- tapes for packing and protection of welded or mechanical connections RH, as well as the technological reserve of fibers;
- O units for ground wires.
Great influence on the clutch design has its purpose and operating conditions. Regardless, all modern designs should provide:
- ease of installation and reliability OK (terminations bronepokrovov and central strength member - Central strength element);
- minimum permissible bending radii RH (at least 30 mm), reliable connection and fastening places RH laying open cassette;
- stock laying open to accommodate variations in the length of the modules OM depending on temperature changes in the range -60 to +70 ° C;
- the ability to enter into additional OK mounted sleeve;
- the ability to enter or transit through the splitter cable connection;
- the mechanical strength of enclosures and internal parts of the coupling;
- the ability to install protective covers, protecting the clutch from ultraviolet (solar) radiation or by acts of vandalism;
- tightness in conditions of the environment (temperature, weather conditions, availability of groundwater, etc...);
- preserving the reliability parameters for the entire period of operation;
Magazine for laying optical fiber
One of the main parts of the coupling is a tape laying and fixing agents. The cartridge consists of one or more "pallets", which is designed to accommodate and retain the compound fiber in a predetermined manner without additional stretching.
The cassette should provide:
- storage and protection function OB compounds;
- OM bend radius not less than 30 mm;
- identification and access to any OB;
- OB stock storage required for installation and repair.
Compounds OM methods can be carried out as follows:
- welding (fusion) previously prepared OB;.
- The method of mechanical connection previously prepared by RH;
In some designs of couplings to connect OM used welding and connection points are closed with silicone paste. This complicates the subsequent repair work.
To restore the membrane and ensure the mechanical strength of OB after welding kits are used to protect splices parts (CRSS).
CRSS sleeve consists of an outer heat-shrinkable tube, which is placed inside a metal or a polymer core and a soft polymeric material such as "Sevilen". During the heat-shrinkable shrink tube outer diameter is reduced from 3.1 to 2.4 mm. Thereafter, the sleeve is placed on the cassette tray for its mechanical fixing.
Classification of optical couplers
Couplers are distinguished:
- by material: stainless steel, polyethylene, or various engineering plastics, such as polypropylene;
- by type of housing and the sealing glands optic cable;
- the type of connection factory lengths;
- in capacity (the number of connected fibers), and the possibility of a modular extension (increasing the number of splice trays);
- for cable laying conditions: in the sewers, in the soil at the bottom of rivers, oceans, for hanging on the supports along the transmission line;
- by splicing the cable and place of service;
- by a method of protecting optical fiber connection locations: mechanical; thermal (CRSS).
Structurally different way clutch sealing "cold" or "hot."
Cold method of sealing the outer parts of the coupling is carried out using :
Hot-sealing the outer parts of the coupling involves the use of heat (flame or hot air) heat-shrinkable materials:
- heat shrinkable tubes;
- heat shrinkable sleeves;
- heat shrinkable tapes.
Clutches also vary by the type of connection factory lengths:
- Transition coupling;
- Dead-end coupling.
Also, the clutch on the splicing cable and place of operation can be divided into the following types:
- urban couplings;
- main clutch with integrated contact elements for splicing and insulating cable armor;
- universal coupling, requiring special kits for input ok to round pipes;
- universal coupling, do not require special kits to enter into round tubes;
- Trunk OK for clutch, transmission lines built in lightning cables;
- main clutch for the combined w / d cable.
For specific types of couplings are distinguished the following types:
- urban-type clutch ish;
- trunk coupling type MTOK;
- trunk coupling type MOPG;
Urban coupling type MOG
Basic package MOG-C:
- TUT to seal the housing with the end cap;
- end cap;
- Tray with metal brackets for mounting Central strength element;
- K-2445 cassette with a lid;
- TUT to increase the diameter OK;
- TUT for sealing glands OK in the end cap fittings;
- sleeve SSD CRSS 4525;
- markers for modules;
- nylon tie;
- Grinding skin;
- silica gel.
Features ish sleeves
|The maximum number of connectable fibers, pcs.||96||96||96|
|The maximum number of OC pcs.||6||8||6||8||3||4|
|The diameters of connected OC, mm||9–19/21||6–16||9–19/21||6–16||9–19/21||6–16|
|Equipment sets for input on delivery||for two cable diameters from 6 to 21 mm|
|operating temperature, оС||от –40 до +70|
|Relative humidity (annual average), %||до 100|
|The force of compression, кН/100 мм||10|
|Hit, Н*м (Дж)||10|
|Dimensions: diameter; length mm||90; 1088||90; 860||90; 700|
Trunk coupling type MTOK
Trunk coupling type MTOK with integrated contact elements for splicing and insulating cable armor designed for direct branching and merging of underground and submarine fiber optic cables with armor of steel wires.
MTOK type couplings are divided into three classes:
- main clutch with integrated contact elements for splicing and insulating cable armor;
- universal coupling, requiring standard sets to enter OK in round pipes;
- universal joints that do not require standard input kits for OK in round tubes.
Package clutch MTOK (basic package):
- Cover - 1 pc.
- Cassette modules - 1 pc.
- Bracket - 1 pc.
- End Cap - 1 piece.
- Connection for input ground wire - 3 pieces.
- Choke - 2 pcs.
- Fan Casing - 1 pc.
- TUT 180/60 (to seal the casing joints with end cap) - 1 pc.
- Magazine KUO1 - 1 pc.
- Cassette Cover - 1 pc.
- Tip for fitting - 2 pcs.
- Screw for fixing the tape - 1 pcs.
- The plastic clamp of 2 halves - 1 pc.
- TUT 35/12 (for sealing glands OK in the end cap tubes) - 2 pcs.
- Mastic 2900R - 2 sets
- Silica gel - 1 piece.
- Details for RH installation - 1 set
- Grinding skin - 1 pc.
For added protection MTOK type couplings, placed in the ground, delivered special protective sleeve: plastic (MSY) and cast iron (MWF). MSY couplings should be used when laying MTOK couplings in grounds of all categories. Clutches MWF should be used only in the following cases: in saturated soils; when laying optical coupling directly to the bottom of reservoirs at a depth of 10 meters; in places where protection is required against dangerous and disturbing influences of high-voltage power transmission lines and electrified railways.
Plastic coupling inventories
Cast iron clutch MWF
The maximum capacity of the coupling - 144 OB using cassettes KU-3645. When using cassettes KU-3260 the maximum capacity - 128 agents. The coupling can be set to four cassettes of RV. Coupling provides input through the round nozzles 10 of the individual cables (6 individual nozzles and 4 the socket oval input) couple-D cable diameter of 5 to 16 mm, two cables with a diameter of 5 to 20 mm, and four cables with a diameter of 5 10 mm or 4 GLP wires (connections for cable entry located on an oval input). For sealing cable glands used heat-shrinkable tube, included in the clutch kit.
Trunk coupling type MOPG
There are two types of the main type couplings for MOPG OK embedded in ground wire transmission lines: coupling MOPG-Mi MOPG-MP.
Backbone clutch type MOPG
Package clutch MOPG-M (basic package):
- Bracket Cassette CG-O1
- Sealing ring
- Cassette CG-O1
- Cassette fixing screw
- Nylon ties
- Bullets and nylon tie
- cassette cover
- Gloves x / w
- anticorrosive composition
- silica gel
- Plug (2 pcs.)
Features couplings MOPG-M and MOPG-MP
|Maximum number of connections fibers, pcs.||128|
|Maximum outer diameter mm-OC integrated into a self-supporting suspension grozotros- OC|
20 – 22
|The minimum outer diameter ОКГТ, мм||9|
|Maximum number of input OC pcs.||4|
|The maximum number of cassettes KU||4|
|Operating temperature, 0С||от -60 до +70|
|Relative humidity (annual average) %||80|
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height), mm||295х200х390|