After about 5 months of refinement of the site, I release a more elaborate version of the evileg_core package.
This release includes both new functions and utilities, and the old functionality has been finalized. For example, Markdown field behavior has been improved. Initially, EMarkdownField drastically reduced content rendering performance, but the problem was identified and resolved.
And now a little more about what has been done since the last official release
- get_next_url and get_client_ip functions added
- Added the function of setting a custom language lang , in contrast to what is provided by the Django project, here you can specify the target language to which you want to switch. This is how language switching works here on the site.
Added template tags
, which were in development mode for a long time, although they stabilized very quickly. Types of tags:
* breadcrumb_schema - markup support schema.org
- bugfixes in the authentication backend EEmailOrUsernameModelBackend , which allows you to enter both login and email in the login field
- change get_parent method to parent property for models, as a more flexible option
- Added extension for markdown to support url of some video hosting sites such as YouTube
- Improved template caching for models
- Performance fix EMarkdownField
- Fix performance method search of EPostManager
- Change user model to settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL
- Rename author fields to user fields to improve support for generic programming
- Using slots for ESoup and EMarkdownWorker classes
- Adding a decorator cached_property , which uses a caching backend for a longer period of caching method results than the object's life cycle.
- Added invalidization of property cache cache_invalidate_cached_property
As a conclusion, I plan to write a series of articles on the use of this module in order to popularize the package itself, and also to show that it contains real useful things.